Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

What's happening during May at Krumspring?

I can't remember if I announced it here or not, but after my stint as a Guest Designer at Krumspring Stamps in April I was invited to join the Dream Team for the next few months as well! Super excited!!

You might not have even heard of them right? It's a fairly new, fairly small (but about to go global!) Danish company making top quality acrylic stamps. Apparently Krumspring is a Danish word which means "to do something in a funny or non-traditional way". I love that idea!! 


Anyway, since there's no new releases until the end of the month (watch this space!) we've decided to do something a little bit different on the blog for the month of May and that's to spend a week spotlighting one of the previous release sets.


The first spotlight was for the Avocado Family set. See.... something a little bit funny and different? But it's also super-cute! And despite the fact that The Trophy Husband asked me why I was colouring amoeba I really like them!


They're perfect for expectant mothers, baby-showers and welcoming newborns, and that means I've got lots and lots of uses for them. As you can see, I've already made a few different projects with them - and this doesn't count the entire Project Life page I did as the title page for my own baby album!


During the spotlight week there is a sale on the featured stamp, a challenge, and of course... prizes to be won!


The next stamp to be featured (and which is the current spotlight) is the You Pixelate Me set. It probably has to be seen to be believed what the Dream Team girls have done with this stamp - think Gameboys, Pacman, Micky Mouse and so much more.
But me?..... I wanted to try something completely different...


I used the pixelate squares as a template for cross-stitching and spent an hour or so therapeutically hand-sewing all these crosses to form a simple heart shape. The effect in real life is something quite exciting, and there really are a million possibilities with this idea. 


So pop on over to the Krumspring blog to get all the spotlight stamp set inspiration, and to find out the details on the challenge and competition. Then jump to the shop to pick up the featured stamp on sale, as well as discovering a whole bunch of other sets you're going to fall in love with!

There's another Spotlight coming next week.... and this one might just be my favourite yet ;-)


Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails